2008年6月9日月曜日

About My High School Days

Let’s start today’s blog of mine.
Today, I want to write about my friends and high school life.
Last Sunday, one of my friends left for America to study English in a university in C.A.
Until she left Japan, she had prepared to take a TOEFL test and made a lot of effort to develop her English skills. She and I met in second grade in our high school for the first time. At first, she seemed to be a scary girl for me. But when one month had passed, we could make friends each other through a common hobby. That was that we liked English very much. We would often help each other at English classes. Now, I think that we could make ourselves develop skills. That is a really good thing.
Her dream is to get the prize as the Ms. Universe and help poor people all over the world. She is tall, because she was a basketball player. And she looks so good and intelligent. Sometimes she is funny and makes her classmates laugh. She thinks that she needs not only beauty but also sophistication. To achieve her dream, she needs to study about much kind of problems like poverty, HIV, environment, cultures, and wars.
So she decided to go to America to have a wider point of view. From this month to September, she has to a language school and study hard every day. Also to be accustomed to a new life should be needed. At first, she will be confused by everything she never know, but I hope she will be strong and live a nice days.
She has a dream and is trying to do a new thing. This is a big challenge. But she can do it and when coming back to Japan, she will be big!
I want to write about another friend of mine in America.
She is also my friend since the second grade in our high school.
She had taken tests of “Takaraduka” every year. Takaraduka is a Japanese opera group.
Although she never passed it, she is still dreaming to be an international dancer. So she decided to study in famous dance school in Broadway. The dance school is for young people who want to be a performer such as an actress, an actor, and a dancer. Lessons in the dance school are really strict and some teacher speaks in Spanish. So she sometimes can’t understand what they say and is at a loss. In her school days, she was not good at English very well, but after her entrance exam, she had studied both of dance and English for a long time. She is those who make an effort to make her dream come true.
I think she can overcome not only language barrier but also many things which she will face in the future.
My high school days were really fruitful. I could meet many great friends and teachers. I could get involved to my club activity. I could learn many things.
I do not have good memories in junior high school so much. So I think our high school was really good truly.
Our teachers taught us very strictly and when we broke school rules, they would often scold us. But we could take it obediently, because we knew that they thought us and we were safe under school rules. At first, we did not notice why they were so strict. But now, three years have passed, we really appreciate it. What we learned in our high school is food for the mind.
Our high school was a girl’s school and now is a co-education school.
Girl’s school is unique in various points, but is pretty interesting. We did not have to care about boys. We could talk many things each other frankly. We could enjoy ourselves thoroughly every day. Because we were in such a great high school, we could get true and precious relationships, I think.
A teacher once said “Friends you get in high school days are genuine.”
This has remained in my mind still now and I will never forget this. When I was a junior high school student, I thought a girl’s school did not fit me. But now, I think having entered that school was a miracle.

0 件のコメント: