2008年12月20日土曜日

The Last Post!

Let’s start today’s blog of mine. This is the last post in this year.

First of all, I will write about what this year is like for me. And next, I will write about my plans on Christmas and the New Year’s Day.
In this year, I’ve had a lot of things to do in this class, writing skills class. To tell the truth, it has been hard time for me! Right after this class started, I was always nervous every day and every night. About what I had to do. But gradually I got accustomed to do my homework. Before the summer vacation, I think I had done those things better than spring. During the vacation I had been doing almost nothing to develop my writing skills. So that was not good, I think now. Today, about three months have passed since this term started. I am sure what I had done in the last term is helping me write the last essay for this term. The last essay is exactly difficult for me to write, because I had chosen a little bit confusing story. At first I could not see what the story or the author is saying and wants me to understand. I could not have exact statements. Moreover, there were not so many materials about the story. Even in Wikipedia I could not find useful information. But finally, I could find something which seems to be helpful for me. I think it is sometimes important to find information from an author’s idea or an author’s way of writing. This is what I learned in this class recently. I often try to find materials thinking of only my topic. However sometimes there are not those things which fit my thesis statement. If I am in such a situation, I have to develop my statement by the author’s biography, ideas,way of writing and so on. That sounds hard and actually it is. By thinking of not only my own topic but also those things, I think I can see the story from various points of view. I can find fresh ideas and connect those with my thesis statement more strongly. Like this, I have learned many good things from this class. Actually what I have to do is a really hard task and takes time for me to finish a lot. However, I believe that will help me from now on.


And then, secondly, let me write about how I will spend this short vacation. On Christmas, I will spend with my family and friends. I will help my mother make Christmas cake and dishes. We make it rule to have dinner together. It does not matter whether we have it in our home or in a restaurant. It is important to spend that time together. Usually, my family has dinner in each time almost every day. My sister and brother play sports in clubs in school until night. My father has a lot of work to do until midnight. So we can have dinner together only on holidays. We are not Christians, so we do not celebrate Christ. Our rule may sounds strict, but it is not. We enjoy Christmas in our way. On the New Year’s Day, we will have the first visit of the year to a shrine. And there, we will burn charms we bought last year for the next year. The shrine we go every year is one of the oldest and the most important shrines in my hometown. Many people come from various areas to warship the shrine. So we have to form a line from early morning. Of course outside is really cold and make me want to go to the rest room! Sometimes I want to go there every 30 minutes. But I like that. (I mean not the rest room but to visit the shrine.) After that, I will have rice cake which my grandma will pound. I am really looking forward to that. Rice cake is one of the most favorite foods of mine. This short vacation is surely short, but I want to enjoy myself to be refreshed.




Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year, All!

0 件のコメント: