2008年5月1日木曜日

About my weekend

Let's start today's blog of mine!
I will write about " the day of showa" and some plans of this weekend.
The day of showa was this Tuesday. Before some days before that day, one of my friends who lives in Saitama prefecture sent an e-mail and said " Shall we meet in Omiya in Saitama? Let's play and talk a lot!". So she and me decided to meet on the day of showa.
This was the first time for me to go Omiya. I have seen there on the way to Tokyo by the " Akita shinkansen". " Akita shinkansen" means the bullet train of Akita. So I researched the way to get to Omiya by the Internet before I went to there. Some ways were difficult for me, so I used Saikyo Line.
I will introduce the way to Omiya here.
At first, I went to Ikebukuro station and found the ticket gate of Saikyo Line.
And then I took the train to Kawagoe. It was a rapid train. So it took about only thirty minutes to get off the train. I think Saikyo Line is really really useful! My friend said that she was waiting for me in front of something like snaky objetd' art. So I managed to get there and we went to a bakery and had good lunch. There were many kind of bread. Most of the breads are a little expensive, but they are worth eating. They are really delicious, so I recommend you to visit there. ( But I can't remember the name of bakery...)
After that, my friend showed some department stores such as " LUMINE1" or " LUMINE2". Maybe there are the same department stores in Tokyo, but it was fun a lot to walk around in different atmosphere.
We went to a coffee shop, star bucks, and talked about university, our new life in city, our friends in high school, study, our family and so on.
We had not seen each other for a long time since we graduated from our high school. So we had so many things to talk about.
Omiya is a big city, but not like Tokyo. Tokyo, especially Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Harajuku are really crowded and not clean so much.
There is rubbish on the streets, the air is not clean and the traffic jam is really heavy. But Omiya is moderately urban and country. It is like " Sendai" in Miyagi prefecture.
There is good to live more than Tokyo, I think. My friend says that she will come to Tokyo next time. So I am going to go to the Tokyo tower with her.
Next, let me write about the Golden Week.
I will go back to my hometown, Akita this Friday. At first, I am going to meet my grand mother and go to my grand father's and my dog's graves.
My mom promised to take me a Chinese restaurant and Korean barbecued beef restaurant. These restaurant are my favorite restaurant!
Because I live by myself, I can't eat out so much. So I am looking forward to go there with my family very much. I am really excited from now on.
Of course I want to enjoy dishes which my mom cooks.
By the way, there are some places of interest in Akita. For example, famous places of cherry blossom trees. Maybe you don't know.
" Kakunodate" is really famous for their cherry blossoms and samurai houses, " Bukeyashiki". Cherry blossoms which usually we see are normal cherry trees. But in Kakunodate, we can enjoy special kind of cherry blossom, " Japanese dropping cherry". They are called " Shidare sakura". Somewhere in Kyoto, we can see them a little. But in Kakunodate, all the cherry trees are dropping. It is really rare in Japan. They are beautiful and breathtaking elegant. Moreover, we can enjoy some traditional foods of Akita like " Kiritanpo" or " Hinai jidori".( " Hinai jidory" is famous chicken.)
Traditional foods cooked by traditional cook are beyond words! It sound a little bit exaggerated, but it is true. If you come to Akita, you should go to Kakunodate. You can make good memories of county and I guarantee that.

0 件のコメント: