2008年10月19日日曜日

Johannes Vemeer

Let’s start today’s blog of mine! First of all I will write about my favorite magazines.
Recently, I am really into reading magazines from other countries like the U.S and the U.K. Those are called “j-14”, “pop star!” and “TOP OF THE POPS”. “j-14” is one of most popular magazines among teen agers in America. It is written about popular teen idols, popular young singers, gossips of actresses or actors, new movies, new music and embarrassing stories of the readers. I like to know about foreign countries’ popular things. At first, I decided to get those magazines, because I thought those magazine would help me learn English. Of course it is true that those are helping me. But it is rather funny than helpful. If you hear “j-14” you may think that magazine is for the 14 year-old kids. But many teen agers who go to senior high schools are also enjoying that. And then I will introduce “pop star!” It is about pop singers or bands in America. Sometimes there are some feature articles of young celebs, famous singers and popular idols. I especially like those articles. Different from Japanese magazines, there are a lot of funny color pictures, interesting information and so on. Japanese magazines tend to publish and mention about only good sides of the entertainment world. I think it is sometimes boring for us, the readers. So American magazines which like to write what the readers want to know are fresh for me. In addition to that, I can know some slang words. When I communicate with American people, sometimes I cannot understand what their slang mean. I have tried to learn those words through some sites on the internet. But I could not know how to use those very well. American magazines use much slang from point of view of young people. So those are really helpful and interesting for me. By knowing the slang, I can see what people are meaning in American dramas and enjoy those dramas a lot. And then “TOP OF THE POPS”. It is one of the most famous music magazines in the U.K. Until two years ago the TV program of TOP OF THE POPS were broadcasted. But now, there is only magazine. It is written about music all over the world such as new singles or albums, new artists, attractive movies and music scenes in the U.K. Because I was a big fan of “TOP OF THE POPS” (TV program version.), I like to read this magazine. You can get it in HMV. So you should check it out. It is really interesting!
I am thinking to try to read European magazines written in Spanish, French or Italy. I am not sure I can understand those words. But there many popular magazines in Europe and my friend who saw those says that European magazines are colorful and worth reading.
Then I will write about a movie I watched today. The title of the movie is “Girl with a pearl earring”. Do you know an artist named Johannes Vermeer who drew “Girl with a pearl earring”? He and his works are famous all over the world and I also like them. This movie is about him and a girl who is a model of the picture. It is a kind of fiction, but has realistic. In this movie, Vermeer likes a girl named Griet as a model of his works and asks her to help him make paints. She is a servant of him, so she has to accept his request. After a while, the two become fall in love each other. Of course Vermeer’s wife and daughter get angry and say to Griet “Get out of my house!” However, Vermeer and Griet want to complete the picture. Near the completion, he gives her a pearl earring because he thinks the picture is not enough and needs something else. In this scene, he makes a hole in her ear with an awl. She seemed to feel pain. I could not stare at that! At the end, Griet is fired from the house and leaves. When she is about to leave the house, Vermeer gives her that pearl earrings. And they are separated forever. It was sad story, but everything in this movie was beautiful including expressions, clothes and people.

0 件のコメント: