2008年10月9日木曜日

News of Korea

Let’s start today’s blog of mine! In these days I have been posting up my blog frequently.  It is because there are many things I want to write about. Haha!
Firstly, I will write about one of my friends. She lives in Akita and is a university student. At the end of last month, she took part in a big event. It was a girl’s fashion show! The fashion show was held in front of a musical hall. She has long arms and long legs and looks like a half of an American and a Japanese. She likes fashion very much and has a great sense of it. At first, her friend and her seniors were going to perform in the show. But when she heard the news, she got interested in that show. So she asked for her friend and seniors and managed to be allowed to take part in that as one of the models. (I think even though she did not ask, she could do that.) The show’s sponsor was the fashion college of Akita. In the show, she could wear clothes whatever she liked to. But before the show, she had to do some rehearsals with other models. The rehearsals were held in the actual venue. The place was outside of the musical hall, so she said that she was embarrassed. Everyone walking around the place did not know about the show, so they must have thought the girls were strange, because the girls were wearing kinky clothes. This was unusual for other people.
Just before the show, she was saying that she was about to spew out because of too much strain! I heard it and laughed over and over again. But at last, the show succeeded and she was praised by many people. I think she was great. She did it.
From her experience, I think to do something standing out in front of public is wonderful. Actually it needs a lot courage and difficult to achieve. Perhaps I cannot do those things easily. I am shy and often hesitate to do something different. But if we do not want to be the same as everyone, we can change ourselves by trying to do unusual things. It will be a good experience to challenge many things we have not done before. I think it is boring to keep staying usual person until I die. So I think I will try to jump into interesting things!
Secondly, I will write about a Korean train. The train is named “Hearain” and is a sleeper train with a restaurant. Ii is for rich people in Korea and like a blue train in Japan. I saw the train in news on TV. Though it is a sleeper train, all beds in the train are doubled and passengers can have great views from the bed rooms.
When I hear the word, “sleeper trains” I think of the cheapest train. But it is because I am Japanese. In our country, we take a sleeper trains mostly when we do not have money enough to take a usual train. But in Korea, the ways of having fun in trains are changing now. If people take this train they can enjoy their trips more even though it will take a long time for them to get the destination. Actually only rich people can take that, but I think it is interesting innovation. I want to take it someday.
By the way, I have a friend lives in Korea. Of course she is Korean. Can you guess why? I will tell you. When I was a high school student, my high school decided to cooperate with a Korean high school as a sister school. In summer vacation we planned to invite some students from the sister school. Then my school was collecting host families from us. Because I was interested in Korea, I asked my family to accept a Korean student for a day. At first my mother refused, because they did not have confidence to communicate with a foreigner. However I managed to convince her. With a Korean student, I went to many famous places in Akita. It was interesting to talk about Japanese and Korean young people. So I think it is good to be host family of foreigners even though they are not good at English. If we have enthusiasm to communicate with them, they try to understand us!

0 件のコメント: